Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ WW Survey results - part 1

To: John Reilly <ReillyJF@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ WW Survey results - part 1
From: Stan Stockton <wa5rtg@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2015 03:22:18 -0600
Another take on this....

For those who were required to know CW (send and receive perfectly for a minute
at 20 WPM to get an extra class license) CW is their favorite mode by a big
margin.  For the group that either did not have to know CW at all or only had
to pass a multiple choice test at some slow speed, SSB is more likely to be
their choice.

We don't know that this is true by the results posted, but my guess is that if
you surveyed the younger people who are capable of operating CW proficiently,
their preference by a good margin would also be CW.

I think it has little to do with age and more to do with what you have
mastered.  Kudos to those who were not required to  know CW but mastered it
anyway.  Their overall enjoyment of the hobby is heightened over those who have
not.

73...Stan, K5GO