Re: [CQ-Contest] NAQP Power Level

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] NAQP Power Level
From: Ken Low <kenke3x@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Jan 2016 13:04:14 -0500
Tree N6TR wrote:

> I think the high road for those contesters who are concerned about their
> reputation is to run the suggested power level.  You certainly can tell if
> an antenna is working or not with 100W as well as you can with a KW.

I agree with Tree.   Yes, the NAQP rules allow HP entries as CheckLogs, so it's
technically 'permitted'.

But in PVRC we promote NAQP as a 'gateway contest' to develop new talent.   We
have added many new operators this way, for the direct benefit of radiosport
through the increased activity level.

Fact is - NAQP is the only major contest with a 100-watt max power level.  A
few times a year, it's great to have the band free of wide, splattering,
rock-crushing signals (and I am not saying W5WMU has one - that's just a
general statement).

73,

Ken KE3X