Re: [CQ-Contest] Absurd Rule in NAQP

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Absurd Rule in NAQP
From: Pete Smith N4ZR <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2016 20:46:00 -0500
Ed, I did it all the time in CQWW 2014. I decided to try "classic as it should be" category, same time rules as Classic except assistance allowed. I had my best score in 16 years, and my third best ever, despite operating less than 24 hours. There are techniques which, if properly managed, will allow an RBN-assisted competitor to get in and out of those pileups. I agree that the unassisted op is likely to find a bigger pileup when assisted ops are allowed, by the time he gets there, but to me this is more a product of evolution as applied to amateur radio contestingthan anything to be bewailed.

73, Pete N4ZR
Download the new N1MM Logger+ at
<http://N1MM.hamdocs.com>. Check
out the Reverse Beacon Network at