Re: [CQ-Contest] May you work yourself at a remote?

To: CQ-Contest Reflector <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] May you work yourself at a remote?
From: Jack Brindle <jackbrindle@me.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2016 12:44:54 -0800
It seems that the rule from ARRL Field Day (yes, I know, but it has rules and
is listed on the Contest page) should apply:

6.1. A person may not contact for QSO credit any station from which they also
participate.

That would preclude an operator from  contacting their own station from remote
stations, or at least require someone else to
be operating the remote station. I suspect this is really the intent being
discussed. It just  does not seem right for a station to be able to
fabricate contacts with what is essentially themselves.

The HMO operations use a unique call for each operation. Thus an operator has
no opportunity to contact themselves. HMO
operation generally precludes a stint in a M/M station, which is the point, to
increase the number of stations entering scores
for a single club.

- Jack, W6FB