Re: [CQ-Contest] JA's long time passing

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] JA's long time passing
From: Katsuhiro Kondou <kondou@voyackey.net>
Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2016 21:29:58 +0900 (JST)
In article <BLU404-EAS8080DBBCDC60A897EB07809EBB0@phx.gbl>,
        Ken K6MR <k6mr@outlook.com> wrote,
        on "Mon, 29 Feb 2016 20:38:30 -0800";

> I have no idea. I got inactive about 1974, and when I returned in the 2000s
> they were gone.
>
> Someone lurking here must have gone through the change, perhaps a history
> lesson?
>
> Ken K6MR

The number of amateur radio station license in Japan is about one third at the
peak in mid 90's, and the current number is almost like what was in early 80's.
At the moment, I don't see so much activities for those who were teenage around
1980.  Likewise, please correct me if I'm wrong, I don't see so much activities
from west cost like what was about 30 years ago.  Now it's quite difficult to
be a continental winner for CQWW(SOABHP) from JA.
--
Katsuhiro 'Don' Kondou, JH5GHM(JH1GBZ)