Re: [CQ-Contest] JA's long time passing

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] JA's long time passing
From: Larry <lknain@nc.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2016 10:58:47 -0500
It seemed like many of the JA's of the day were somewhat young. I wonder if it is a case of outgrowing a toy and moving on to something else. There are probably many here in the US that have moved on to other things but with as many of us as there is it is not a noticeable. I haven't seen the numbers in many years but even at the height of the JA's I think there were less than 50K hams (number 2 population of hams in the world IIRC) and the US was around 500K.

73, Larry  W6NWS