[CQ-Contest] Your DX Spots during the ARRL SSB DX Contest

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Your DX Spots during the ARRL SSB DX Contest
From: Jeff Clarke <ku8ejeff@mediacombb.net>
Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2016 14:10:01 -0500
Did anyone else notice there were again a lot of DX stations that weren't
signing their calls for a long period of time? You can directly attribute this
to packet spotting. For those who operate this way, don't you realise you are
hurting yourself? Your dupe rate will be high. Also casual participants will
just give up and move on if you never say your call.

As far as finding a run frequency as a little gun... My station is probably
smaller than most of you. I don't even have a tower or any beams, just a
collection of wire dipoles and loops in the trees. I will admit it's hard to
find a run frequency on SSB but I've never had any problems finding a clear
frequency high in the band's on CW. I've had many 100+ hours to EU up high. I
have been doing HP lately since I bought a KPA500 last year but I've done it LP
as well. Even made the top ten LP on CW a couple times with my peanut whistle
station. If I can do it I bet all you fellow "little guns" with a simple
tribander beam and wires can do this too.

Jeff KU8E

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE Droid