Re: [CQ-Contest] cqcontest.net

To: "CQ-Contest" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] cqcontest.net
From: "Martin , LU5DX" <lu5dx@lucg.com.ar>
Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2016 14:09:46 +0000
Yes, and it also eliminates one of the many “not so controllable” -to say the
least -, factors of our beloved so called “radio sport”.
73,
Martin LU5DX

On Tue, Apr 5, 2016 10:54 AM, john@kk9a.com john@kk9a.com wrote:
I hope that this does not happen. The CQ WPX RTTY contest also has no unassisted
category. This pushes operators to use the cluster to be competitive instead of
using their SO2R S&P skills. John KK9A To: Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest]
cqcontest.net From: "Randy Thompson K5ZD" Reply-to: k5zd@charter.net Date: Tue,
5 Apr 2016 12:07:34 -0000 There is
another option... Rather than continue to get twisted in defining the
separation, we could merge SO and SOA into one and remove all confusion. There
could be an overlay category for the guys who want to compare themselves to
other "classic" ops. It seems only CQ, ARRL, and SAC maintain the assisted
concept. The rest of the world has moved on. Randy, K5ZD