Re: [CQ-Contest] Field Day Rules

To: "'Ron Notarius W3WN'" <wn3vaw@verizon.net>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Field Day Rules
From: "Ed Sawyer" <sawyered@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 5 Jun 2016 14:04:29 -0400
Thanks Ron.

I don't particularly have a suggestion as to whether SO2R or Multi-Single
techniques are called 1 transmitter or 2 transmitter.  After all, its field
day.

But I believe whoever can re-word the rules should do so to be more clear on
the simple fact of whether 1 operator can in fact operate a 2 transmitter
category under any condition or not.  And secondly, is the old "octopus"
reference really mean today's switching to make sure only one transmission
occurs at a time?  If so, it should be stated as such to give good
direction.

Clear rules would insure that good competition and fairness occurs.

For this contest, I think I will sign 2E to be sure its legit when I do some
SO2R.

Ed  N1UR