Re: [CQ-Contest] Contesting keyboard

To: Michael Adams <mda@n1en.org>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Contesting keyboard
From: Jeff Stai <wk6i.jeff@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2016 12:13:05 -0700
If your current keyboard requires pressing an Fn to get to the F keys, look
around for a setting that inverts that, so that the F keys don't require
Fn, but whatever the other function is does. I've found a setting like that
is sometimes hiding someplace.

My keyboard is currently the wireless Microsoft Arc. Since I use more than
one keyboard I like the small size. And even though there are only six
"official" F keys available without an Fn press, you can remap a lot of the
unused punctuation keys to a function, and the Home/End/PgUp/etc. are also
usable. In fact I find I use the remapped punctuation keys around the Enter
key more than I use the actual F keys.

Hope this helps - 73 jeff wk6i

Jeff Stai ~ wk6i.jeff@gmail.com