Re: [CQ-Contest] CQWW Committee Restructured

To: Dave Edmonds <dave@pkministrywebs.com>, Jeff Clarke <ku8e@bellsouth.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQWW Committee Restructured
From: Trent Sampson <vk4ts@outlook.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2016 07:04:37 +1000
We like the rules of the CQWW down under - We have a snow flakes chance in hell
of winning but often grab single band slices -
We contest against our own best score or the best score in our region.
How far away is our closest population centres of DX ? 11,558 km Los
Angeles15,239 km Washington DC7,156 Km Tokyo15,670 km BerlinThey are the
distance we compete with - and we have fun - If they allowed intra-USA QSOs it
would change that character immensely,  station builders would make antennae
that did not hear DX and hear the guys 250km away and if they were 1 point per
QSO that makes big differences to us specially on the low bands where we
struggle to get into the USA. What could be sensible is same country different
zone = 1 point....
Good luck with the rule changes - you are making suggestions to change what is
the most successful of all contests. Whether you want to look at that in that
context perhaps you need to ask; Why am I suggesting taking rules from an
unsuccessful contest and placing it in the best of the best ?

TrentVK4TS PO Box 275 Mooloolaba 4557 0408497550