Re: [CQ-Contest] contest restructing

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] contest restructing
From: Tom Osborne <w7why@frontier.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2016 15:32:48 -0700
The way the DX contests are now is kind of like having 10 participants in a
100 yard dash and 4 of them have 2 legs and the rest have only 1.  But -
they all run in the same race.

I'm sure the 2-legged people would not want to change the rules as they are
guaranteed to win every time.  The other 6 stay up for the first 10 feet or
so, but then they are completely outclassed.  Then after that, they are
just spectators, watching the 2-legged guys running like crazy.

They look at the 1-legged runners and say, "Quit griping - it's your own
fault - you should have 2 legs."

Then some of the 1-legged guys ask the rule makers to let them use blades,
like some of the other handicapped runners do. The 2-legged guys say, "No
way - it would mess up the records and ruin the race - you might run faster
than us.".

But, - they can always say, "I just do this for fun"  Actually - that is
all they can say.  73
Tom W7WHY