Re: [CQ-Contest] Coax Stubs for SO2R

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Coax Stubs for SO2R
From: "john@kk9a.com" <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2016 08:34:46 -0400
I believe that W2VJN sells premade stubs if you do not wish to make them
yourself.

To:     k9yc@arrl.net
From:   Rudy Bakalov via CQ-Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Date:   Wed, 27 Jul 2016 21:23:29 -0400

Hey Jim,

Thanks for taking the time to think about the question and even model it.
Really appreciate it.

You have a point that considering the extra time needed to make a second stub
is independent of the length of the stub, a better solution is to just make
another 1/4 stub.

Jim, one thing I find very confusing and contradictory, both from you and
George, is the type of coax. My first thought was to use LMR400 as George
also
mentioned it in his book. Then you wrote that coax with foam dielectric is
not
a good choice, but yet the Wireman #117 is really RG8X which in turn is
same as
LMR240 which of course is also foam.

So, what coax should I use? I have to buy it anyway so I don't have any
preference.

Rudy N2WQ