Re: [CQ-Contest] If you could only have one simple antenna...?

To: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>, reflector cq-contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] If you could only have one simple antenna...?
From: Wayne Kline <w3ea@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2016 22:55:17 -0400
 Hi Pete.

 Like any antenna installation thought  my first question is " What do you want
to do  ? "
 You answered  SS and DX  Welllllllll that like two ends of a spectrum...
for limited installation  DX is Verticals . IMO
for domestic it's Dipoles IMO    This being all wires and simple support.  You
can get quit fancy with wire arrays  for more low angle gain.
Low bands    Verticals are KING    I know of  contester who has a 40 meter  4
sq   with  4 elevated radials . out of sight and hung from a tree and   he kick
it !!!

  I would  get some fiberglass  extending masts and have a ball ....
another option is the spider antennas     K9RS had one at a low height and many
a QSO

Now if you talking about a tower .. that's  another world of options ...

Wayne W3EA