Re: [CQ-Contest] New Category Suggestion

To: Kelly Taylor <ve4xt@mymts.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] New Category Suggestion
From: W0MU Mike Fatchett <w0mu@w0mu.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2016 12:56:24 -0600
Kelly,

I was not clear. I was talking in generalities and not about your post specifically.

I have no problem with vigorous agreement or disagreement as long was we can do it more civil.

Poor Steve is being drug through the ringer over a misunderstanding.

Once again I understand the intent, frustration, concern shown by the first post. I can cite examples where the hired gun can gain advantages. I see no real reason why we should have an owner/operator class.

I think we could/should further detail what a station owner or station helper would be allowed to do in the case of a hire gun operating the station. If an antenna fails or an amp blows up, who should be the doing the fixing? Should the hired gun be allowed to operate on other bands while the repairman fixes the problem while the owner operator does not get that opportunity?

Where do you draw the line? Do we draw a line. Is it ok for W0BigGun to bring over 10 friends just in case stuff happens? I don't think that is right. Is it ok for K3LR to fix things for W0BigGun if something breaks? Clear as mud.

W0MU