[CQ-Contest] Log what was sent

To: Ed Muns <ed@w0yk.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Log what was sent
From: Maarten van R <pd2r.maarten@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2016 09:12:02 +0200
Like David said, CQWW says you should log the correct zone based on the
location, not what was send. Same thing with cut numbers used for CQ zone
numbers.
See:http://www.cqww.com/rules_faq.htm
This contradicts with the "log what was send" rule but it actually seems
fairly logical. If the other station doesn't submit his log, the logchecker
can not possibly know what was actually send but it does know what the
correct zone number should be based on the location of the station.
As others have asked, what happens when the other op does submit his log
with the wrong number? Then the log checker does know what was send over
the air.

As I read the rules and the FAQ section on the CQWW website, the rule
is pretty clear. Log the correct number based on the location, no matter
what was actually send over the air.
This should cover the majority of the mistakes except for a few NA or
Russian stations where their callsign puts them is a different location
then they actually are. That said, with stations from NA and Russia, one
can expect such deviations.

73, Maarten PD2R

Op woensdag 28 september 2016 heeft Ed Muns <ed@w0yk.com
<javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','ed@w0yk.com');>> het volgende geschreven: