[CQ-Contest] Log what is sent

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Log what is sent
From: "James Cain" <jamesdavidcain@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2016 14:00:06 -0000
"I find this rule stupifying. Why do we bother sending the Zone at all? This reinforces what I've long felt about CQWW -- that it's the dumbest contest going. ALL you have to copy is the other station's call -- the rest of it is auto-filled from call history files and country files! 73, Jim K9YC"

I'm not a lawyer and I do not play one on telly, but the CQ FAQ seems clear to me:

Q: "I work a station and they do not know their CQ zone or they give me a serial number, what should I put in the log?

"Log the zone based on their location."

We "bother sending the Zone at all" because people operate "out of their Zone." Or their mind.

OTOH -- sending 599 or 59 in every exchange: now, that's dumb.

K1TN