Re: [CQ-Contest] Rules Question M2 CQ WW

To: "'W0MU Mike Fatchett'" <w0mu@w0mu.com>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Rules Question M2 CQ WW
From: "Randy Thompson K5ZD" <k5zd@charter.net>
Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2016 18:33:01 -0000
As we have seen with the proliferation of interlocked transmitters used by
some multi-single entrants, the definition of transmitter is not what it
seems.  Transmitter has historically meant "transmitted signal".  So a M2
entry could have two (or more) interlocked transmitters on a band.  As long
as there is never more than one signal on a band at a time, it is considered
OK.

This should probably be reconsidered in an effort to make the multi-op
categories more competitive for more stations.  But, it has become a big
area of station improvement over the past 5 years so unlikely to get the
genie back in the bottle.

Randy, K5ZD