Re: [CQ-Contest] Rules Question M2 CQ WW

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Rules Question M2 CQ WW
From: kostas sv1dpi <sv1dpi@otenet.gr>
Date: Sun, 9 Oct 2016 11:01:49 +0300
I think that it is clear that only 2 transmitted signals are allowed in M2 category.

You can configure n1mm to have radio 1 and radio 2 as running and radio3 to change as radio 1 mult or radio 2 mult.

But if you have 3 radios the best category to be more competitive is the MS: one radio run, one radio mult (without interlock in CQ WW) and one radio on the same band with the running radio (with interlock).

But this has some technical difficulties as the 2 radios in the same band are in dangerous to be burned by each other.

I have in mind 3 ways to solve this problem.

The first one is 4o3a switch where you can use 2 antennas, one amplifier and 2 interlocked radios in the same band.

The second one is Acom solution where you can use 2 interlocked radios and one antenna-amplifier in the same band.

The third one is EA4TX interlock where you can use as much as 5 interlocked radios-amplifiers in the same band but you need 2 antennas quite far the one from the other.

You can find in the web all 3 solutions.

The only safe way to say how far the one antenna to be from the other is to measure the worst case with an rf-meter. There is an article in QST June 2001 by W7ZOI and W7PUA, "Simple RF-Power Measurement"

Another solution maybe is this by n4zr http://www.pvrc.org/~n4zr/Articles/Simple%20protection.pdf

I don't know ready solutions on this.

Also there is an arduino based interlock homemade device described in March/April 2013 NCJ "An Arduino-Based Lockout Device" by Luc Moreira, PY8AZT

73 Kostas SV1DPI