Re: [CQ-Contest] modest proposal ...up to 200w

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] modest proposal ...up to 200w
From: "Ed Sawyer" <sawyered@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2016 06:18:30 -0400
In addition to all ARRL HF contests being 150W for Low Power, the CQ WW 160
contests are also 150W.

The extra 50W matters in very marginal QSO attempts like 160 and on 10 M
when the signals are on the noise floor.  Having run Low Power exclusively
for 11 years from 2004 - 2015, I can tell you I have experimented with this.
I used to have a 200W FT1000 Mark V and a 100W radio for radio 2 and changed
it to 2 x Mark Vs just to be able to run 150W on both radios in those
contests that allow 150W.  It matters.

Ed  N1UR