Re: [CQ-Contest] Real Time Scoring and Quick Submissions

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Real Time Scoring and Quick Submissions
From: "Ed Sawyer" <sawyered@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2016 13:09:52 -0500
I think that all of these great ideas can be trialed quite easily in the
"contest within a contest" format.  Risks harm to no one. Those that want to
try it do - those that don't or can't - don't.

A lot of people are already doing this with the real time scoreboard.  I am
not on it but its not harming me to have people do it.  Seems the same for
this topic.

Relative to the LOTW tie, I have had this conversation before asking why
validated contest Qs are not all just automatically dumped into LOTW.  I
mean why not right?  The answer, apparently, is that LOTW cares less about
whether the contact actually occurred (as in timely cross checked logs) and
more about whether the license holder is authenticated.  5 days after CQ WW
you log is in and locked down.  But years later, you could upload a Q on
LOTW and it would be fine with it.

Ed  N1UR