Re: [CQ-Contest] Why I like contesting more and DXing less

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Why I like contesting more and DXing less
From: Tom Osborne <w7why1@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2016 18:14:46 -0800
DX'ing used to be fun when it took a little work to get the DX station.

I can remember having to check propagation, figure which band they may be
on, LP or SP, where they listening, etc.  They had the DX Bulletins you had
to subscribe to to get the latest info on the DX'peditionn to try and
figure where they will be at a certain time.  That was fun.

Now it's:
1.  Go to the shack
2.  Boot up the computer
3.  Go to DX Summit
4.  Type in the call.

It comes up, tells  you what band the station is on, what the split is,
where they are listening.  Point and Click and you are there.

Kinda of like playing a video game.
73
Tom W7WHY