Re: [CQ-Contest] A Buggles update - Morserunner killed the radio star

To: Barry <w2up@comcast.net>, "cq-contest@contesting.com" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] A Buggles update - Morserunner killed the radio star
From: Gerry Treas K8GT <k8gt@mi.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2016 23:50:13 -0500
Sorry Barry, no way. I like Morserunner to improve my skills for on air operation, not as an end in and of itself.

I contest and chase DX for the thrill and romance of ionospheric communications. I love to hear the world turn throughout the days and nights. I was 4 years old in 1948 and plunked myself down in front of the console radio with my ear right next to the speaker and listened to all the old radio shows. Then my dad introduced me to shortwave listening on that same radio. That's where the romance started. Propagation is fascinating to me, even on propagationally challenging conditions.

I realize that your interests are somewhat different, given your participation in High Speed Telegraphy competitions.

That's what is great about ham radio, the large range of interest that it provides.

73, Gerry, K8GT