Re: [CQ-Contest] RTTY Roundup is coming up soon!

To: Richard Ferch <ve3iay@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] RTTY Roundup is coming up soon!
From: Jeff Stai <wk6i.jeff@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2016 12:54:46 -0800
On Fri, Dec 30, 2016 at 8:43 AM, Richard Ferch <ve3iay@gmail.com> wrote:

> If the longest two breaks add up to less than six hours, things can get
> slightly more complicated, but it is not difficult to devise an iterative
> algorithm to compute the end of the 24 hours of permitted operating time
> taking into account the two longest-duration off times during that
> recalculated operating period.

I knew the "Simple Matter Of Programming" argument would come up. ;) The
folks that actually do the work have decided to keep it simpler.

As far as your degenerate case goes... the rules do not state "first two
breaks" but that is how the checkers work. If you have a situation as you
describe, a simple note to the contest director would suffice to have your
log scored fairly - in fact they would undoubtedly notice a log with 6
points and 600 Qs, but I'd send a note anyway.

73 & HNY jeff wk6i

--
Jeff Stai ~ wk6i.jeff@gmail.com