Re: [CQ-Contest] QSLing

To: Joe <nss@mwt.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] QSLing
From: Ria Jairam <rjairam@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2017 14:52:56 -0500
The incoming bureaus don't want it.  Sorting DX cards is already time
consuming as it is and it is pretty much all sorted by hand by volunteers.
ARRL floated the idea but the bureaus balked.

I'm also not sure how much money it would save. A first class stamp is 47¢.
Postcard stamps are 34¢. So round trip it can be about $1 or less. Compare
that to $1.15 at a minimum for DX cards, $3-$4 round trip so it adds up.

There are various awards programs like 3905CCN and OMISS that run their own
bureaus as well so domestic bureaus do exist in pockets here and there.