Re: [CQ-Contest] Call sign history

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Call sign history
From: Ron Notarius W3WN <wn3vaw@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2017 08:15:11 -0600 (CST)
 The 1976-77 "gates" may have been the first time of issue for many K 1x2
calls, but quite a few were issued earlier.

The Penn State ARC held K3CR when I arrived as a freshman in the fall of 1975.
Their trustee at the time held K3CA.
Neither had been issued "a few decades" earlier, though. If memory serves (I'd
have to check one of the old QSL cards, which had this on the back), they were
issued circa 1970.

73, ron w3wn