Re: [CQ-Contest] Call sign history

To: Rich K2WR <k2wr@njdxa.org>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Call sign history
From: Charles Harpole <hs0zcw@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2017 10:13:08 +0700
KN4VUD to K4VUD first time issued.  Kept and will keep.

AC4TT club station, recovered, is in honor of Tibet prefix of AC4.

HS0ZCW first time issued, Kept and will keep.

9N1UD and 9N7UD first time, kept with no expiration date.

A52UD, VU3CHE, first time.

V26V issued for occasion of op, unlikely to use again.

73, Charly

P.S. Pse request QSL via qsl.com;  I have time to answer.

On Mon, Jan 9, 2017 at 6:55 AM, Rich K2WR <k2wr@njdxa.org> wrote:

> For the record, the 1976-1977 “gate” system of 1x2 callsigns for Extra
> Class licensees was adopted by the FCC pursuant to Docket #20092, and is
> described in detail in the “Washington Mailbox” column on p. 51 of  June,
> 1976 QST (probably other QST appearances as well).  My own Extra license
> dates to March, 1970, so I was in the third gate, and I got my second
> pick.  Although some K2 calls in the 1x2 format had been issued a few
> decades earlier, they would have all (or almost all) been sequential and
> near the front of the alphabet, so I’m pretty sure I’m the only person ever
> to hold K2WR.
>
> Rich K2WR

Charly, HS0ZCW