[CQ-Contest] Call sign history

To: "DXer" <hfdxmonitor@gmail.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Call sign history
From: "Glenn Wyant" <va3dx@sympatico.ca>
Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2017 17:28:23 -0500
November 1993

A rumour is floating around that Industry Canada is considering
opening up the VA prefix block for amateurs.

I decided to send a letter of request to the Hamilton office.
The information indicated they would issue callsigns to match your
two initials. I did NOT want " GW ". so I mentioned that the remote chance
of anyone with an " X " initial would apply. I specifically
requested VA3DX.

One month later , on December 13, 1993 I received out of the
blue, my new call license in the mail.

As Paul Harvey would say " and thats the rest of the story ."

Glenn VA3DX 1993    VE3ICR ( 1976 )

Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Call sign history

That's correct, 10 years. That's when I changed from VE3 to VA3 (there were no VE3 2 letters suffix left at the time), and dropped the third initial of my name.

73 de Vince, VA3VF