Re: [CQ-Contest] FENCE CHARGER

To: Radio K0HB <kzerohb@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] FENCE CHARGER
From: Steve Lott <lottsphoto@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2017 16:20:49 -0600
some thoughts on the topic

I think the biggest problem with finding a quite fence charger
is that more often than not the electric lead (positive wire) is often
contacting weeds or tall grass causing small arcs to the ground side these
arcs will be heard in your hf receiver

but for a pig pen that is mainly muddy and has no weeds or grass maybe that
will not be a problem

I would also think that a fence charger that is NOT connected to the mains
and is