[CQ-Contest] QSO Party Calls

To: CQ Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>, Minnesota Wireless Association <mwa@w0aa.org>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] QSO Party Calls
From: K9MA <k9ma@sdellington.us>
Date: Sun, 5 Feb 2017 15:38:12 -0600
In the MNQP yesterday, I found I had to sign "K9MA/WI" when calling CQ, so callers knew I was not in MN. A lot of MN stations the duped me, as I had omitted the /WI when I called them. So, now there are two versions of my call in some logs, but I didn't really want to waste time adding the /WI when calling MN stations. What to do? I tried adding 1.5 spaces before the /WI, in the hope that other operators would not log that part. I think it would be best if everyone could agree on some designator for stations outside the target state, or at least not to log them. Any other suggestions?

73,

Scott  K9MA

--
Scott  K9MA