Re: [CQ-Contest] QSO Party Calls

To: K9MA <k9ma@sdellington.us>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] QSO Party Calls
From: Dave Edmonds <dave@pkministrywebs.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2017 10:47:52 -0500
Hi Scott,

The MNQP was a ton of fun....

If you are out of state and calling CQ MN, then you should use "/WI"
following your callsign because other out of stations stations will assume
that you are in MN.

I always log the 'base' callsign (no /m or anything) unless the contest
rules specifically require it. Most contest log checking programs will
ignore the "/xx" during the log checking process.

73s Dave WN4AFP

On Sun, Feb 5, 2017 at 4:38 PM, K9MA <k9ma@sdellington.us> wrote:

> In the MNQP yesterday, I found I had to sign "K9MA/WI" when calling CQ, so
> callers knew I was not in MN.  A lot of MN stations the duped me, as I had
> omitted the /WI when I called them.  So, now there are two versions of my
> call in some logs, but I didn't really want to waste time adding the /WI
> when calling MN stations.  What to do?  I tried adding 1.5 spaces before
> the /WI, in the hope that other operators would not log that part.  I think
> it would be best if everyone could agree on some designator for stations
> outside the target state, or at least not to log them. Any other
> suggestions?
>
> 73,
>
> Scott  K9MA
>
> --