Re: [CQ-Contest] Ea8's banned from RBN? Hmmm

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Ea8's banned from RBN? Hmmm
From: W0MU Mike Fatchett <w0mu@w0mu.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2017 08:03:09 -0600
LPL has created a tool that does something different. It is what it is. When that system first came about many Cluster owners decided to ignore those spots until the system was refined better. EA8's are spotted just fine. LPL does not sponsor and run contests. It is just one tool that appears to be created for DXers.

There is nothing stopping someone else from creating a tool that does something else is there?

The LPL system is dumped into the regular cluster system so what exactly is the problem? There is no secret gateway to LPL spots that only certain contesters use etc. Smart folks will connect to many different clusters to make sure they get the spot as soon as possible to avoid packet pileups.

There are plenty of tools out there to be used. Pick the ones that work for you. Not being spotting on LPL's system is a non issue.

W0MU