Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ-Contest Digest, Vol 171, Issue 53

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ-Contest Digest, Vol 171, Issue 53
From: Ward Silver <hwardsil@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2017 11:21:45 -0500
Not advocating for or against...

> 2.1. Single Operator: One person performs all transmitting, receiving, and logging functions as well as equipment and antenna adjustments.

Like all contest rules, it only applies *during* the contest, so during the summer you can have W8ZR build you a new amp, bring in N6LF to tweak your antennas, use the entire Mormon Tabernacle Choir as your ground crew, and still be a fully-legit Single Op in the fall.

I don't know or recall the precise origins of the addition but I believe it was created in response to a few "Single-Op-plus-Pit-Crew" operations.

73, Ward N0AX