Re: [CQ-Contest] Other ARRL rules that need to be fixed

To: Irwin Darack <idarack@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Other ARRL rules that need to be fixed
From: Jim Stahl via CQ-Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2017 16:06:27 -0400
Under the strict reading of the rules, yes they would. However, I believe most
contest sponsors are open to granting reasonable exemptions, especially if it
was unlikely to affect highly competitive entrants.

Several years ago for CQWW CW, I wanted to operate from the beach in Punta Cana
by recording the contest and transcribing it afterward. I asked in advance and
was given the permission to do so, even though the rules, intended to prevent
post-contest log scrubbing, would have prohibited it.  I suspect any contest
sponsor presented in advance with a request to allow a blind person to have
somebody log for them, would allow it.

73  -  Jim   K8MR