Re: [CQ-Contest] Time to QSY?

To: Stephen Bloom <sbloom@acsalaska.net>, Wes Jennings <wjennings2011@hotmail.com>, "cq-contest@contesting.com" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Time to QSY?
From: Chuck Dietz <w5prchuck@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2017 22:57:22 +0000
I use a 1/4 wave sloper on 160 with the top at about 130 feet on a 155 foot
tower. I have a receiving array, but I have never heard any 160m station I
could not contact. East coast stations tell me I have EU pile ups I can't
hear after I have worked all the loud ones. I think transmit antennas are
easy. It is the receive antennas that are a problem.

Chuck W5PR