Re: [CQ-Contest] Appropriate wait time for contest results?

To: Kelly Taylor <ve4xt@mymts.net>, Stu Phillips <stu@k6tu.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Appropriate wait time for contest results?
From: Stuart Phillips <stu@ridgelift.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2017 14:00:05 +0000
Thank you – and yes, I do volunteer to adjudicate different contests and am an
active participant in PL259’s sponsorship of the Makrothen RTTY Contest.

Those activities have included manually editing hundreds of broken logs,
running/writing log check automation, printing/mailing certificates, contest
promotion and many other tasks.  I have spent many hundreds of hours over the
years volunteering to the behind the scenes work of sponsoring a contest.

I also said “Delays and unforeseen issues happen” and that the “decision and
timing of results lies with the sponsor”.

I have two day jobs, a family, two dogs and do my best to have a life, exercise
and stay healthy – including honoring commitments I make when I volunteer my
time.

It was in that context I asked the question – and went to much effort to make
it clear I wasn’t posing my question as an attack –it would appear you took it
as such – I’m sorry you have that (incorrect) impression.

I was simply asking a question regarding people’s expectations.

For some sponsors, publication (emphasis on publication) drives the schedule –
in some cases out to 6 months or a year.  Print schedules being what they are
and the sponsors other activities, one must respect this.

But with the availability of the Internet, publication of contest results is no
longer bound by printing schedules.

I am simply trying to understand expectations and desires for the availability
of results – both as a general question and in setting the appropriate goals
for the contests in whose sponsorship I am actively involved.

73 – Keep calm & carry on!
Stu K6TU

On 4/5/17, 6:04 AM, "CQ-Contest on behalf of Kelly Taylor"