Re: [CQ-Contest] Same-Band "Dueling CQs" Now Prohibited in All ARRL Cont

To: Jim Neiger <n6tj@sbcglobal.net>, cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Same-Band "Dueling CQs" Now Prohibited in All ARRL Cont
From: Matt NQ6N <matt@nq6n.com>
Date: Sat, 08 Apr 2017 12:48:45 +0000
If the concern is bandwidth used, shouldn't split operation be banned as
well? How does same band dueling CQ use more bandwidth than "listening on
this frequency and 7050"?

In both cases it is the activity triggered by the running station on both
frequencies that prevents those frequencies from being used by someone
else.

Not arguing for banning either, just pointing out that if bandwidth is the
concern they are essentially identical examples of "hogging" a scarce
resource.

73,
Matt NQ6N