[CQ-Contest] My need re contests to self spot

To: CQ-Contest Reflector <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] My need re contests to self spot
From: Charles Harpole <hs0zcw@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2017 07:14:34 +0700
Here is my situation that may be true for many ops.
I now have limited stamina and prop.  When I do operate, I want some
action--that means my taste is for rapid running.  However, I live off the
population centers and nevertheless need to be heard by lots ops and
quickly in my short op time.

Actual typical example...I begin at start of the TWO HOUR window I have NA
or EU.  I work a couple S&P who say I am vy loud, so I call CQ.  Nothing.
The two hours are slipping by.  I spot myself once.  A flood of callers
result and running fun.  My two hours give me 75-120 QSOs.

No spot gives about 25 QSOs.

The contest gives me 4 two-hour openings if lucky.  ​Given my tastes, not
spotting myself means no fun.

So, I self spot couple times or less.  I enjoy the contest.  I can not
enter due to spotting.  These are my facts.  Deal with it.  I do.  73,

Charly, HS0ZCW