Re: [CQ-Contest] Disqualified callsigns - CQ WW SSB contest.

To: w5ov@w5ov.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Disqualified callsigns - CQ WW SSB contest.
From: Ria Jairam <rjairam@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2017 03:42:33 +0000
Hi Bob,

Thank you for your detailed explanation.

I guess what concerns me and some others, particularly non-US amateurs is
that the DQ list was solely competitors outside of CONUS and Canada.

Personally I find it hard to believe that absolutely no one in CONUS or
Canada cheated or otherwise violated the rules. In fact I know that is not
the case and I heard numerous stations transmitting out of band for
example, even one US multi op who was clearly transmitting out of band (as
seen on my calibrated SDR waterfall, below the band edge) while running.
Nothing happened. I'm also sure that some have "cheerleaders" that
repeatedly spot them, possibly at their request. And there are definitely
those that use unclaimed assistance.

These are just examples, but the main point being is that there is the
impression that foreign competitors are being singled out for rigorous
enforcement while stateside and VE gets a free pass. I hope this isn't true
but I and others can't help but have our doubts.

73
Ria
N2RJ