Re: [CQ-Contest] Request to publish all calls of stations found to be br

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Request to publish all calls of stations found to be breaking any rule in all contests
From: Tim Shoppa <tshoppa@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2017 12:08:11 -0400
N4ZR suggests:
> Warnings shouldn't be publicized, but if someone is
> listed as DQ, then any "shaming" has already been done, so putting the
> specific violation alongside the call would be a pretty cost-free
> contribution to confidence in the CQWWCC's processes

Often times the official reason given for disqualification is not the only
possible reason for disqualification. It's just the one that was easiest to
find and prove. Like putting Al Capone in the slammer for income tax
evasion.

TO7A's DQ in CQ WW CW 2014 for example. Officially disqualified for
unclaimed assistance, but further investigation shows log padding using
callsigns known not to send in logs, something that can be found if you
look for the pattern, but is harder to turn up in log checking.

I think the contest committee needs the flexibility to disqualify cheaters
for the reason that was easiest to prove.

Tim N3QE