[CQ-Contest] T42K and VE3XIN

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] T42K and VE3XIN
From: "Ed Sawyer" <sawyered@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2017 20:01:12 -0400
Why VE3XIN decided to "super spot" T42K for CQ WW SSB is not obvious.  But
what is obvious is how over the top it was.  VE3XIN is a high volume spotter
making over 1000 spots in a 6 month period.  For CQ WW SSB last October, he
made 85 spots over a 17 hour operating period.  64 of them were for T42K.
Including stating who the operator was on numerous occasions.

He made over 100 spots per contest in WPX SSB and ARRL DX SSB yet never made
more than a few (less than 5) for any one station.

The lesson learned for me is to check spots after a contest in case I have
been the unwanted recipient of an unfair advantage.  If so, my actions would
be to submit a check log for that contest and ask the person to stop in the
future.

Not asking to be spotted (already a clear violation) might be a good idea as
well.

Ed  N1UR