[CQ-Contest] Was Self spotting now T48K DQ

To: "cq-contest@contesting.com" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Was Self spotting now T48K DQ
From: W0MU Mike Fatchett <w0mu@w0mu.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2017 15:51:57 -0600
DX Summit shows 310 spots for T48K during the contest period. I see 45 spots for VE3XIN. The next runner up has about 8 spots for T48K.

It does look fishy especially after stumbling across this item.

Here is a press release that I found at https://dxnews.com/t48k_cuba_cqwwdxcwcontest_2009_dxnews/

VE3XIN, VE3AXC, W2DLT, K1EP, K1MM, CO8DM, CO8ZZ will be active from Cuba 26 - 30 October 2016 as T48K. They will operate on HF Bands including activity in CQ WW DX SSB Contest 29 - 30 October 2016 in M/2 Category.
QSL via DK1WI.
Ads for direct QSL:
Erhard Hauptmann, Erlenstr. 31, Katzwinkel 57581, Germany.

VE3XIN is clearly identified as a part of the this. I would have to side with CQ on this one. The other issue is that he spots on band changes. Under the current rules I think CQ has a pretty good case.

I hope the committee now understands why we want a few more details on these issues so we can see for ourselves what is going on.

I would like to thank W5OV/CQ for providing more details about this specific issue.

W0MU