Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ WW Committee blog post - audio recording

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ WW Committee blog post - audio recording
From: Steve London <n2icarrl@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2017 08:28:39 -0600
That sure isn't what it says in

http://cqww.com/blog/cqww-2016-ssb-self-spotting-and-entrant-audio-recordings/

Audio Recordings: Any single operator entrant (see V.A.1) competing for a top three finish at the (a) World, (b) Continent, or (c) USA levels, must record the transmitted and received audio as heard by the operator for the duration of the contest operation.

So if you were #1 in Asia for 160m mono-band, low power, you should have recorded your contest effort. This rule applies to all categories, not just to single-op, all-band.

We sent out multiple requests for entrant audio recordings, as required by the Rule shown above. Unfortunately, more than half of those contacted were not able to comply.

Follow all of the rules, including XII.C [Audio Recording] and you be in excellent shape.

Just because one member of the CQWW triumvirate says "Your interpretation is precisely correct" does not mean the other two members agree, nor does it mean that any future member of the CQWW committee will agree. All you can trust are the written rules, and, even they are subject to interpretation and arbitrary abuse.

73,
Steve, N2IC