Re: [CQ-Contest] Spot Filters was: Self-spotting explanation from CQWW b

To: Pete Smith N4ZR <n4zr@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Spot Filters was: Self-spotting explanation from CQWW blog
From: Matt NQ6N <matt@nq6n.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2017 15:11:29 -0500
Very interesting, Pete. I'll definitely check it out and likely use it.

But just for the record, I don't necessarily think that seeing too many
spots is bad for a new ham, it helps to illustrate how propagation works
(and doesn't work). In a sense seeing only workable spots is a pragmatic
thing to do, but it hides the reality that the bands may be hopping
elsewhere in the world.

73,
Matt NQ6N