Re: [CQ-Contest] A bandpass filter design

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] A bandpass filter design
From: Peter <pc2a@pi4cc.nl>
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2017 15:12:39 +0200
Hi Jukka

The double stub sound OK
But its hard to manage when you just have 4 m2 of wall to mount all filters/switching gear and multi antennas per band. The bandpass filter will not only bring down the second harmonic, but all harmonics with good figures And they clean up the receiver overload from other bands.

With a single stub and build with RG213 we just get an notch op about 25db. This is the purple line
https://www.pi4cc.nl/tech-info/hp-filter/images/BPF%20Cauer+Cheby%2080m.jpg

We are not afraid for drifting since we use ATC800C capacitors and the coils are mounted on the pcb. There is no mechanical pressure from the connector to the pcb. Its attached via a wire.

Peter