[CQ-Contest] A bandpass filter design

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] A bandpass filter design
From: "Pavel" <un7lg@shaw.ca>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2017 14:36:15 -0600
Peter,

> It has better numbers as 4O3A, DG0SA, VA6AM.

It is hard to compare my filters with your design despite the fact that they
are very close by circuits.
I think we had a different specifications for the design.

- I designed BPFs not for a maximum band isolation. BPFs were optimized to
be used with Triplexer.
- I achieved better than -85dB band isolation together with triplexer (this
is more than sufficient number) with good Return Loss and low Insertion Loss
- the minimum in-band ripples and the best Return Loss was a goal ( NOT a
maximum band isolation) for the design to get Triplexer and BPF's Impedances
very close to 50ohm
- my filters desinged and built for up to 4000 PEP watt output power

You never published Return Loss achived for the design  to compare filters
by all numbers and not only by band isolations

P.S.
I cannot compare my BPFs and triplexer with coax stub's sytem as I do not
think that building triplexer using a coax stubs could be a good idea.

Pavel
VA6AM