[RTTY] NS RTTY this Thursday

To: "RTTY@contesting.com" <RTTY@contesting.com>, "cq-contest@contesting.com" <cq-contest@contesting.com>, NS <nccc-blue@kkn.net>
Subject: [RTTY] NS RTTY this Thursday
From: Ken K6MR <k6mr@outlook.com>
Date: Wed, 10 May 2017 07:06:21 +0000
Greetings Diddlers:

Another good session last week. KC2WUF is getting in the Sprint groove, and NS
RTTY founder N6ZFO was heard diddling away! I’ve been like WD0T recently
(everyone but me gets my mult) so here’s hoping Bill keeps our Thursday evening
rendezvous on a regular basis.  Still lots of daylight at NS time so 160 and
even 80 are not real good out west.

The CW guys reported some sporadic E on 10 and 15 was open in the Midwest, so
it’s the time of the year to start checking those higher bands.  I know our
“rules” call for 160-15, but you all have permission to use whatever band(s)
you like. This is practice, and making band change decisions are just part of
the game.  I’ve opened up the listing below to include 10 officially.  What
about 6 meters? Any activity on RTTY there? You VHF types could let me know if
we should add 6 just for fun.

Here are the details for our Thursday evening ditty:
Friday,  12 May 2017, 0145Z - 0215Z (Thursday, 11 May 2017 in NA)
-- 1845 - 1915 PDT
-- 2145 - 2215 EDT
-- (others in-between those two)
-- 160: 1805 and up (Last two minutes seem to be popular…)
-- 80/40/20/15/10 +80kHz up from the band edge  (start checking those higher
bands!)
-- Same band dupes ok after 1 intervening Q.
-- 1 kHz QSY rule, otherwise standard Sprint rules
-- Mults per band
-- 100W power limit

Please visit http://www.ncccsprint.com/rttyns.html for complete rules and links
to other info. If you find any problems with the web pages, please let me know
so we can get them fixed.
If you would like to receive all the latest info about NS as well as a have a
place for comments and questions, sign up for the NS mailing list:

Report scores to 3830scores.com, and join us at 0300Z on 3610 kHz (+/- a few
for ongoing groups) for comments and questions (and dinner menus).

Diddle diddle,

Ken K6MR