[RTTY] NS RTTY this Thursday

To: "RTTY@contesting.com" <rtty@contesting.com>, "cq-contest@contesting.com" <cq-contest@contesting.com>, NS <nccc-blue@kkn.net>
Subject: [RTTY] NS RTTY this Thursday
From: Ken K6MR <k6mr@outlook.com>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2017 04:09:13 +0000
Greetings Diddlers:

We had 11 entries on the 3830 page last week, and there were a couple of active
stations that did not report. The bands did not cooperate much, but 40 sounded
like a RTTY RU weekend!  I almost noted the “new” station N4EEV until my old
brain realized it was Mike, WH6YH with a new moniker. The moon phase must have
been right with many of our occasional attendees all active at once. Thanks to
all, and hope to see you on a more regular basis.

We had a small discussion on the RTTY reflector regarding how to get new
activity. Thanks to everyone that sent ideas and comments, and if you have any
comments and ideas please pass them on.

Nothing big on the RTTY calendar for a while, so if you’d like a bit of
keyboard time to keep you sharp please join us Thursday evening.

Here are the details for our Thursday evening ditty:
Friday,  19 May 2017, 0145Z - 0215Z (Thursday, 18 May 2017 in NA)
-- 1845 - 1915 PDT
-- 2145 - 2215 EDT
-- (others in-between those two)
-- 160: 1805 and up (Last two minutes seem to be popular…)
-- 80/40/20/15/10 +80kHz up from the band edge  (start checking those higher
bands!)
-- Same band dupes ok after 1 intervening Q.
-- 1 kHz QSY rule, otherwise standard Sprint rules
-- Mults per band
-- 100W power limit

Please visit http://www.ncccsprint.com/rttyns.html for complete rules and links
to other info. If you find any problems with the web pages, please let me know
so we can get them fixed.
If you would like to receive all the latest info about NS as well as a have a
place for comments and questions, sign up for the NS mailing list:

Report scores to 3830scores.com, and join us at 0300Z on 3610 kHz (+/- a few
for ongoing groups) for comments and questions (and dinner menus).

Diddle diddle,

Ken K6MR