[CQ-Contest] Solar Eclipse QSO Party - August 21, 2017

To: CQ-Contest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Solar Eclipse QSO Party - August 21, 2017
From: Nathaniel Frissell <nafrissell@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2017 12:27:54 -0400
Hi, everyone!

As many of you may know, there is going to be a total solar eclipse this August
21st that will affect almost all of North America. I’m both a ham radio
operator and a ionospheric scientist, and am coordinating a contest-like event
during the Eclipse to help study the effects of the eclipse on the ionosphere.
We need as many operators as possible to participate!

Take a look here for more information:
http://hamsci.org/seqp <http://hamsci.org/seqp>
http://hamsci.org/eclipse <http://hamsci.org/eclipse>

Also, I was at Dayton this past weekend with the HamSCI group, and gave a
number of talks about the eclipse and the SEQP. We also had a great time at the
Contesting Dinner and Super Suite!
http://hamsci.org/article/dayton-hamvention-hamsci-photos-and-videos
<http://hamsci.org/article/dayton-hamvention-hamsci-photos-and-videos>

73,