Re: [CQ-Contest] Dayton Hamvention

To: "N2TK, Tony" <tony.kaz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Dayton Hamvention
From: Kelly Taylor <ve4xt@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2017 12:14:55 -0500
I haven’t gone to Dayton for a number of years (only reason being family
activities the same weekend), but in reading the comments and looking at the
site from space, my first suggestion would be to limit on-site parking (as was
done at Hara) and use asphalt/gravel for the flea market as much as possible.
There’s lots there. Perhaps there could be a deal to lay down some 3/4 clean to
add to lot sizes.

They might need to provide parking shuttles and pick-up for heavy items, but it
shouldn’t be insurmountable.

Supporting the local businesses in Xenia will be a challenge: at the end of the
day, I’m sure most want to get back to their hotel (particularly if it’s the
Crowne Plaza) and the hostility suites ASAP. And offering decent food on-site
is a double-edged sword: you’d get complaints if the food sucked and if it’s
good, why go out?

Having to move on relatively short notice was a challenge, so it shouldn’t be a
surprise it didn’t all work out tickety-boo.

73, kelly, ve4xt